Thursday, March 01, 2007

RED SEA RULES

We all have times where we find ourselves in seemingly impossible situations. My husband and I went through a really tough period about 3 years ago, where our future security and his character were being threatened and we didn’t see any way out of the situation.
During that time I just happened upon a short book and a great read by Robert J. Morgan called the “Red Sea Rules”. The Godly principles and wisdom shown in that book became my pillar of strength during that time when we really did feel that we were trapped between “the devil and the deep RED sea”. I felt that that if I took my eyes off God then we would drown.
We didn’t drown and God made a path for us out of that horrible situation and we look back now and know that it made us stronger, better people and out of that crisis has come opportunity.
When I found myself in any type of double-bind, I often find one of these rules popping into my head and I am reminding that “the same God who lead me in will lead me out.”
God’s promise is that He is always with you and He will make a way for us. The Lord says “I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. “ (Isa 43:19)
When you’ve been caught between the ‘devil and the deep Red Sea’ how has God made a way for you? What promises from God, or what illustrations from the bible have you used as your pillar of strength to enable you to walk God’s path?

The Red Sea Rules
"The Same GOD who led you in will lead you out."
-Robert J. Morgan.

Rule 1
Realize that God means for you to be where you are.

Rule 2
Be more concerned for God’s glory than for your relief.

Rule 3
Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.

Rule 4
Pray!

Rule 5
Stay calm and confident, and give God time to work.

Rule 6
When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.

Rule 7
Envision God’s enveloping presence.

Rule 8
Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.

Rule 9
View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.

Rule 10
Don’t forget to praise Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home